THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random

Why is it that 17 16 year olds in Gloucester MA have no trouble at all getting knocked up but I, a person who "did it right" can't seem to get spemanated? And by "did it right" I mean getting married BEFORE I had kids. (People have been saying to me for years, " So do you have kids? No? Well at least your doing it right.") What does that even mean?!? Why is it that 2 people who love each other and are in a good, stable, long relationship aren't truly a fit parents unless they're married? Angalina Jolie & Brad Pitt seem to be doing a pretty darn good job with their 26 kids and no wedding rings. I've known many a married couple that SHOULD NOT have been married no matter how many kids they had. I myself don't think that the idea of marriage is what it use to be. I don't think that most people take it seriously anymore. Not all people of course!! Some people take it way to seriously!

I personally believe that as a married woman that my husband/family comes first. Our life together comes first. I need to do everything that I can to keep us a strong happy couple. And he needs to do the same. Neither of us are "the boss" No one "wears the pants" We do however have our strengths. Terry is the provider. Clearly he makes way more money than I do. (I'd be living in Dubois PA with 4 roommates and one bathroom, more than likely if it weren't for him.) And I do maintain the house. I love to clean. (He'd be living in filth up to his knees if it weren't for me.) So we do fall into the classic "He's brings home the bacon & I fry it up in a pan" But, he does help around the house and I do work. Every major decision that has ever been made was made by both of us.

That's were I feel a lot of couples get it wrong. When you have kids or get married you are no longer 1 person. You can still be you but now you have other people to consider. You can no longer be selfish.

I've always heard people say that marriage is so hard. I don't really believe that. I thought being single was hard. Naturally there will always be bumps along the way but if it's right it shouldn't be that difficult. I have a friend who has two kids with her "boyfriend". They breakup every few weeks just to get back together in a day or 2. What the hell is up with that?!?!? WHY? Clearly that is NOT RIGHT!

I don't think that Terry and I are perfect. We both have bad habits. But I do know that we almost never argue, we enjoy each others company, we've never broken up in 13 years, we do everything we can to make the other laugh, we support each other completely and we love each other. I hope with every ounce of my being that we stay together for the rest of our lives but anything can happen. I know that nothing is written in stone.

Holy crap did I digress. The point of this blog was "getting pregnant can be hard" The End!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat it. Don't try too hard. Getting pregnant is supposed to be fun.

Misty said...

Heather, I have to say that I enjoy reading your blogs. They bring me from fantasy land back to reality. I, too, enjoy cleaning, doing laundry and I also work a full time job. However, money wise, I don't "bring home the bacon". But, sometimes I feel cheated because not only do I put in 40 hours a week at the office, but then I come home and my day continues until I go to bed. My hubby isn't entirely messy, but he's lazy. He does take out the trash and for the most part puts his clothes in the hamper... My downfall is that I am, I'll admit it, selfish. Thanks for shedding new light, to me anyway, on the subject!

JLeigh2015 said...

This was a good blog! You make so much sense. I agree with everything you said. The whole pregnancy thing will come with time. You must be patient...settle into your new house...get the nursury ready...and then the baby will come..lol. Enjoy this time right now in your new place and go out with your husband and have romantic, candlelit nights. That's how you make the baby..lol.