THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Change

My manager, Brittney, was fired today. Don't feel bad for her she was a terrible manager. She deserved to be caned. However as a friend I feel for her. She's got a lot on her plate and she's had her share of shitty luck in the past few months. She's been replaced by Trae (pronounced tray). He seems nice but kind of a kiss ass. He kind of reminds me of Mark for the show Ugly Betty. He is however a phenomenal photographer. I feel like I can learn a lot from him. In that respect I'm excited. On the other hand I'm a little sad. I fear change sometimes. Oddly enough I crave it!

Which brings me to the next topic. The other day at work a lady came in to the studio and in conversation motioned that she needed a nanny. I told her I'd give her a call (because the hours are really good and the pay would be better that Sears). I have an interview on Wed. I'm nervous. I've never nannied before. What if the kid hates me? What if I hate the kid or the mom? We're both from Houston so we bonded over that a little. We'll see.

So we move in to our NEW HOME on July 15!! We're almost completely packed. We're so ready to have our own house. Terry gets all giddy ever time he sees a lawnmower! I can't wait till I can plant some flowers and a tomato plant (for my mommy) and some lilac bushes. My head spins with all the things I want to do!

One more thing and I'll let ya'll get back to your own lives. You would think that being born in Texas and having lived in VA for 8 years that I would be use to heat! Not the case I'm afraid. Now before you start to make fun of me let me state my case. In TX & VA yes it gets very hot! Like in the 100 sometimes. Being outside makes you feel like your melting. However you can escape that heat by going inside to you nice air conditioned home. We have no AC here. You don't really need it. But last weekend it got hot and we couldn't escape. I miss AC. Thankfully it's back down to a comfortable degree. I hate hot!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really hope Trae will make a better manager. Maybe other people will be forced into actually doing their jobs too. Did I email you already about coming to Seattle around the 25th? I know I was going to, but can't remember if I did. Anyway my mother and I are road tripping it for Spaz's flight. That is funny that lawnmowers get Terry all excited...lol I think you'd make a good nanny... Consider it Mommy practice. :D oxox Sheniqua

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that things are going so well for you. I am getting excited myself about the wedding in September and being able to move into our new home. Which by the way is almost finished. :)