THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blessed Midsummer

First off I would like to wish everyone a happy Summer Solstice. (aka first day of summer to all you non-pagans) It's the longest day of the year and if you can get out and enjoy the earth! I for one am waiting semi-patiently for Terry to get home from work. Then I'm hoping to also get out and enjoy the day.

Next I want to talk about missing my peeps. I've become very comfortable with missing my loved ones. I've had years of practice. It's almost like they are fictitious characters I've mad up. I don't talk to most of them very often and I almost never see them. My family is very scattered across to US and I haven't lived in the same state as my mom in 11 years. And I've only seen her a handful of times in that 11 years. It's the same as my oldest BFFs Steph, Melissa & Brenda. I've gotten so use to them being so far away that although not being with them sucks it's really no big deal. But my soul still aches. The job I had right before we moved to WA was hands down the best job I've ever had. The job was so-so but the people I worked with made going to work great! I miss them terribly. And my Nikka! How I adore her. She's in AZ but just recently came to visit us. It was fun. Last but not least we have Nicole. She is the yin to my yang. She very well may be the funniest person I've ever met. She's married to a hell of a guy, Jake and they have produced a adorable son, Will. I wish they were here. It was so great having a couple to hang out with. To all my loved ones I love and miss you.

So some house news. The Sellers asked if we could move up the closing date. At first we said no for various reasons but they said that they'd throw in the fridge. So we agreed. July 8th is the new date. That's like 2 weeks away!!!!! Holy Crap we have so much to do! Oi, packing!

Seriously my offer still stands. If anyone wants to come help move, I mean, visit don't be shy. I'm a good cook!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Summer to you, too, darling! I wasn't going to leave anymore comments to you for fear that people would think that you and I didn't get along very well, but since you called me up just now and yelled at me for NOT leaving a comment, I thought I should write a comment. I am very glad that you and Terry are in Washington, which is so much closer to us than Virginia. Both Dad and I are very happy that you guys are happy in your new area! We are pleased that you have grown into such a wonderful adult and are very proud of you! We do, however, still like Terry best. I love you!!!! Give Petey, Sweaty, and Scrappy a hug from Grandma!

Anonymous said...

I adore you too!!! I have to comment about the good cook portion of this latest blog though.... Why did you not cook for me? Anyway Were are wrapping up or vacation in CO tomorrow morning. We love it here. We were almost instantly in love with the state and plotting an eventual move here. I will blog about the whole trip in a few days once we are settled back at home! Love you, Sheniqua

JLeigh2015 said...

I am so happy for you two!!! I miss your crazy ways at Hallmark. I am glad that you are finally in a place where you are happy. I hope you will be able to come back to Hampton and get together with us for a dinner or something. We had some fun times. Packing seems like a hassle...but you are packing for your first house! It's exciting and you will only have one first house so enjoy every minute of it!!!