THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, June 6, 2008

Loss and Acceptance

When Terry called me yesterday morning to break the bad news, I was very distraught to say the least. I didn't realize until that moment how much owning our own home meant to me. I was still on the fence about the whole thing. So much responsibility. So much out of our own pocket expenses. Scary stuff. I was excited and on board but I would have been fine either way.

When we went to the house to have it inspected, I fell in love with that cute little house even more. I was placing furniture, hanging pictures, ripping up linoleum and putting down newer flooring, building shelves in the garage, doing yard work and redoing bathrooms. All in my head of course. It was my new home.

Terry is doing all he can to figure out a way we can get this house but it seems quite futile. I think we have lost our house. Stupid, evil, bankman!! I really feel bad for the sellers. That house has been on the market for a few months now and to think that it's selling and then not, must be as heartbreaking as what we're going through.

Before we found this house we had decided to wait a couple of years to buy a home. Save some money, learn the area, get a few raises, you know. I told Ter that if we do indeed lose this house that I want to wait. He really wants our own home and I don't think he can help himself when it comes to looking but I don't want to be unprepared like this again.

Such as Life!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish things were going better for you and Ter but even if things do not work out..you two still have each other. It seems like you love living there so either way I think you will be happy. I think things happen for a reason so maybe if this house doesnt go through for you..maybe in a year you will find a better house for cheaper. Keep your head up and have fun! Good luck with the baby making..lol

stranger in a strange van said...

aww, that sucks, but there is something around the corner for you, i'm sure. i'm so glad you're blogging! yay! i love you!

Unknown said...

Read this column, it's the one I was talking to you about.

http://www.aaronkaro.com/column.php