THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

As some of you know I am a Pagan. I'm not a Wiccan. I don't practice witchcraft nor do I cast spells (not really anyway). I DO NOT worship the devil (I don't even believe in the devil). I don't drink kittens blood or sacrifice chickens. I certainly don't dance naked under a full moon or anyplace for that matter. As a Pagan, in very simple terms, I don't believe in one all powerful being (God) I believe in a God & Goddess in equal parts. The God "rules" over Fall & Winter. The Goddess, over Spring & Summer. There cannot be one without the other. I won't bore you with details. If you would like to know more there are countless website to peruse.

I will however give you Pagan Sabbat (holiday) lessons.

First Lesson:

SAMHAIN (aka Halloween) - Cross-quarter day - October 31/ November 1
Death, the third of the Harvest holidays, the ending of the cycle, death, but with the hope of rebirth and the New Year.The traditional time for the annual slaughter to ensure food throughout the winter months. Take this time to remember departed ones. In some traditions the end of the year . The separation between this physical world and the spiritworld is thin. Halloween customs are a part of this element of death, the thin line at this cycle and remembering the dead and the hopes of rebirth. On this night Magick is more powerful .

Halloween is my very favorite holiday. Although this year you wouldn't think that. I've done nothing. I just have been in no mood.

Anyway. Thats your first Pagan Lesson.

Happy Halloween & Blessed Be!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting... thanks for the lesson. Being a Pagan, do you still celebrate holiday's?? Like Christmas? Just curious. I wasn't much in the mood for Halloween this year either. Had it been me I would've turned out all the lights (including the front porch) and watched a scary movie. However, my husband felt the need to pass out candy to the kids. We live on the last street of the subdivision (for now until they continue building) so we didn't have many bites much to his disappointment. Needless to say the lil' girl next door, Maci, got our leftover candy - I'm sure she was happy!