THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Federation Forset

Terry and I are hikin' machines! Well not machines more like novice. Well me anyway. Terry's way more into it than me. As a matter of fact, remember the evil trail from a few post ago? Well while I was in VA Terry went back to it and hiked all the way to the lake that's at the top of the mountain. I have no desire to ever see that damn lake so he "had" to go with out me!

Anyway our latest hike was to Federation Forest State Park. We drove about 50 miles to the world's lamest trail. Don't get me wrong it was pretty but very boring. Not much to see, no real payoff and ya'll know how I'm all about the payoff! The only thing it had going for it was the very old growth,
some gigantic trees,

really pretty fungi,

and the "Hobbit House"

More like a small gnome village really. I guess for years now hikers have been helping to create this little village in the woods. It was very cute. But not really worth diving 100 miles round trip and walking nearly 5 miles. My legs are still killing me. Although I am getting use to this hiking stuff. It makes Terry really happy so will keep at it. Plus it's good for me, too. I want to be healthy for our future kids. Stupid exercise!

Here's a few more pics of the Gnome village. Enjoy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting! I think I would've gotten a kick out of seeing the Gnome Village... keep up with that exercise!

Anonymous said...

Wow - I am impressed with the Gnome Village. I want trees so I can have one!!! ILY!

Anonymous said...

Neat, but I think it would have been less cheesy if they had not gone and added the plastic gnomes. I think the mystery of the village with no one in it would have been more poetic. oxox

Anonymous said...

Love the Gnome Village.Glad you're still feeling well enough to exercise. It will really help you.Terry looks small enough to be a Gnome next to that tree.