THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 6, 2008

A sad day

Well it was confirmed today. I have suffered a miscarriage. I was 9 weeks along. The lady who did my ultrasound said that all my girlie parts look fine and that this was probably just a simple miscarriage. 1 in 4 women will have at least one in their lifetime. As a matter of fact ALL of the women I've talked to about it (ladies bringing their kids in for pics) have had at least one. One women had had 4! And has 4 kids!! My age was not a factor. Nor was it anything that the doc could find. It happens and chances are that our next pregnancy will go off without a hitch. I'm just glad to know that I can even get pregnant.

Terry and I are fine, a little sad but fine. We have made our peace with this. Life goes on and as soon as the Doc says okay we will be trying again!

I'm sorry I'm not telling each of you personally, I just really don't want to talk about it. I hope you understand. Typing about it once is much easier than saying it over and over.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Love. I am glad that you seem to have a healthy view of the circle of life and that these things happen. You are such a strong person. In my view you are a saint for even wanting to have a child. Almost nothing scares me more that the idea of me having a kid. I love and miss you both.

stranger in a strange van said...

sorry to hear this, although i know it's very common, that doesn't make it any easier. i'm sending lots of love and healing energy your way...

Anonymous said...

So sorry.Try not to let it get you down.You're young and healthy,got lots of time.Lov yall.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Heather! A friend of mine had ovarian cancer when she was 18 - chemo and all! The doctors said she'd never be able to conceive... At age 33 she beat all odds and has a beautiful baby girl. And, my husband's mother had several miscarriages, adopted a baby girl and 8 years later she had her first child - my husband. Miracles happen every day and one will happen for you :)

Anonymous said...

We love you.

JLeigh2015 said...

I am so sorry that this has happened. I hope you two the best and I will have you in my thoughts. I'm sure things will work out. Love you!

Jack said...

I am so sorry to hear about this. My mom actually had two miscarriages before I came along and it's definitely a very common occurance. Thinking of you today.

Take care,

J

And just one clarification. Didn't mean to imply that you should have a better job because you should be doing your current job. That's just a shortcut to thinking. What I meant was that you clearly have talents that would take you a long way in another line of work that probably don't translate as well in what you do now.

I say do what you want, do it well and do it for as long as you think it makes sense.

Take care,

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/