THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, October 20, 2008

Granite Mountain

With the holiday season upon us I'm a lot busier at work than normal. That gives Ter time to do all the "Difficult" hikes that I don't want to do. He's so cute! He's slowly accumulating all the proper hiking gear for us both. New shoes (Keen), backpacks (Camelbacks), shirts (polyester), coats (Northface). He says things like if you really want to be a North westerner you need to do.....insert what real North westerners do here! I'm pretty sure that's why we bought the Subaru, Lucy. Anyway here are a few pics from his latest hike to Granite Mountain.

Starting to go above the cloud line.

The Fire Tower (the top). Still like a mile or so away.

Twin mountain lakes.

The view from the tower. (pieced together from 3 pics)

The tip of Mt. Rainer.

On the way back down.

The poor guy is feeling it today! (hehe) His legs are so sore. I know he would have it no other way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures - Terry you did a GREAT job!!! And good for you going on the difficult hikes, you ol' North Western, you!!! Heather, you have fun with all those Halloween babies!!! ILY!

Anonymous said...

Westerner, Westerner, Westerner, man!!!!!!!!

Jack said...

Man, those pics are making me want to get out there like TODAY! Now that I left my job, it's all possible. Can't wait.

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Nice. It really is a beautiful state. Strangely AZ has a Granite Mt. too... I hiked once when I was like 7 for a field trip. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scenery.Great pictures.
You realize there are grizzlies in your neck of the woods.
Just had to say that.Glad you're having fun.