THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Home at Last

I'm now recovering from a fantastic weekend with missed friends and family! I had such a nice time. I got to see my brother for about an hour during a layover in Chicago. I stayed with The Baylers.



And yes I got the best response out of Nicole just like I knew I would. It wouldn't be funny to explain, you just had to be there.


I saw my beloved Hallmark Girls. This is an old picture but it works for my purpose here. I could have put my apron on and started ringing people out. It was so comfortable. Like I never left. Good times!


I got to spend much needed time with my "Surrogate Family" The Kalgrens. Unfortunately some very important members of this family were not in attendance which was quite heartbreaking for me (Melissa & her boys, Roddy and his family) but I took what I could get. Steph (the BFF) is the one with the blue shirt w/ the white bird. Karen and Steven (the two right above Steph) are the newlyweds. I'm not going to name them all off but if you have questions just ask.


I got to eat at the best Mexican Restaurant on the planet: Rey Azteca!
I think had I had more money I could have eaten there everyday and I would have! If you live in the Hampton Roads area and you like mexican food GO THERE!!!!! Get the cheese dip! And maybe Chili Colorado.....yummmm, Chili Colorado!

It's too bad I didn't have more time to spend there. I would have loved to go to PA to visit more of my family. Sad. But I'm glad I got what time I did. I am however very glad to be home. I missed Terry very much. And I was nervous about the baby the whole time. I didn't want anything to happen being that far away from home.

I seem to be showing some signs, though! I have no control over my body temp or my emotions! I had a gnarly hot flash on the plane home. I thought I would burst into flames! I burst into tears for no reason at all and then suddenly it's over. I love the smell of coffee but now I can't stand it! WTF?! All else seems to be going well.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you had a wonderful time! The pictures were great! I love blogs with pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

You're awesome! I'm glad yo had fun.

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you got the excited "baby news" reaction you were hoping for! Seems as if you had a fabulous time :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and by the way... I missed you! LOL Funny I know since I haven't actually seen you in like 15 years or so, but I look forward to reading your blogs every few days. And, well, it had been a week since the last post and I was wondering where you were... Forgot you were going out of town!

MeandYou said...

It was great seeing you! I miss you Heatha Featha. But I know you have a brand new life over there...way over there...and a happy one. I'm so happy for you! I just wanted to say how much it was nice to be able to see you again. Love your Hol Jol :)

JLeigh2015 said...

Hey! I wish I would have been able to see you when you were visiting but maybe next time. I'm glad you had fun!