THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Home

Over the past week I've entertained two close friends. Good times had by all. Now everything is getting back to the normal dull flow of things. Which I enjoy. I WILL finally finish unpacking this house and start the decorating process. I like things simple so nothing to extreme. Just picture placement and such.

I really do love this house. I can't believe how easy it was to adapt. It's just so comfy! I was catching up with an old friend recently and we were talking about how crazy it was that Terry & I ended up here. "I never expected you two to be here" she said. It's been such a crazy year. We had finally had enough of VA last Nov. and Terry asked "How would you feel about living in WA?" 8 months later we own a home here. I don't know if I've ever been so comfortable someplace. It's been so effortless to love it here. It took me 6 years to make real friends and feel happy in VA. And even then I never liked the area. Poor Terry hated it. His job, the people, the heat. Everything. Here, it just feel right. Natural. Like this is were we should have been our whole lives. I don't think that I will ever move from this place willingly. I want my kids and my grand kids to grow old here. I'm home.

However I do miss my peeps! To remedy that I will be going to my "cousin" Karen's wedding in Sept. Back to VA for a week. I should be able to kill like 3 birds with one stone. I'll get to see my Surrogate Family: The Kalgrens, my Hallmark girls, and the Baylers, whom I'll be staying with. Unbelievably it's been almost a year since I've seen any of them. I can't wait!!!

6 comments:

MeandYou said...

Heather! I can't wait for your visit back here to the VA! I miss you!

JLeigh2015 said...

Yay! You are coming back to visit! I hope I will be able to see you sometime when you are back!

Anonymous said...

I hope you can make the trip, but I do fear you being friend-napped by some poor soul who is stuck in VA. They may not let you leave. Be sure to pack pepper spray. It was great to see you guys again. We had a blast. I am happy that the trip is over though. My new kitty has a cold. :(

Anonymous said...

Friends, trip, "peeps", blah blah blah.... We want PICTURES of the new house!!!! Everybody - join in this chant.... "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" I can't HEAR you!!! "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!"

Anonymous said...

LOL! Well in an effort to help your Mommy I have to say 'PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!'... Sorry Feather. :) OXOX

Anonymous said...

I LOVE you, Nikka! Thanks for joining in!!!! "PICTURES, PICTURES, WE WANT PICTURES!" Come on everybody!!!!