THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, September 1, 2008

Worth it?!?

OMG! Am I out of shape. Although I am over weight I do get out and do things. I walk my dog, we go to the beach, you know physical stuff. If I have a day off, I do things I don't sit around on my ass much. I just happen to enjoy food. That being said, Terry and I went for our first official mountain hike yesterday. I thought I would die. It was only 3 1/2 miles (roughly) round trip which would normally be no big deal, but this was quite literally a steady uphill the first half. And of course down hill on the way back. That was no fun either, my knees are killing me!

So anyway here's how it went. We got this book a few months back, "60 Hikes within 60 Miles - Seattle". All the hikes are labeled: Easy, Moderate, Difficult. So we start hiking and about 20 minutes in to it Terry says "If this is moderate I would hate to see difficult". At that point I start to feel bad about myself. I'm thinkin' "Man I can't let this simple path beat me" But it was so hard! About half way to the mid point (the payoff) I tell Terry "Go on without me, save yourself!" So he goes ahead of me and I slowly keep going. He's gonna go ahead, turn around, meet up with me, then we would head back to the car. Well because I kept following him I came to a point that I knew I had to finish. I had come to far to turn back with out the big payoff. So I press on. I call Terry and he has made it to the payoff. He says it worth it and he's so happy that I didn't turn around and go back to the car. Now I really can't disappoint him. He's so proud. I finally meet up with him and we make our way to the pay off. In his case back to the pay off. I pass a couple of old ladies on my way and of course there is now way in hell I can stop now!! OLD LADIES!!! I soldier on. There are some spots that I can't even believe that this is a real trail. It's like a foot wide on the side of a mountain and the path is covered with these giant rocks. It's insanity!!!

So finally after what feels like 5 miles uphill and 5 hours, I've made it. And all my pain and suffering was completely worth it.


Bridal Falls (The Pay Off)




The View


Terry in his Happy Place!


So after enjoying the sites we start to make our way back down the mountain. What happens next you ask? Well it rains buckets of course! By the time we made it back to the car I was completely soaked! And cold. I didn't really warm up till this morning in the shower. Welcome to the Pacific Northwest and it's beautiful rain forest!

FYI: The Hike was labled Difficult! I found out after we got back to the car. I could have killed that man!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful payoff!!! ILY!

Anonymous said...

Amazing looking place. Glad you made it to the finish. Next time you do the navigation. :) Love you.