THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Unexpected

So Terry & I went whale watching yesterday. We were on the Puget Sound in the San Juan Islands for 4 hours and didn't see a single whale. Sad. We did get a rain check to come back some other time for free so it wasn't a total loss. Plus we did see other stuff. We saw lots of seals...


See 'um? Right there on the rock. The little white thing.



And there. The little shiny black thing stickin' out of the water.


We also saw an eagle. He's right in the center of the picture.



And an eagle's nest. It's about 6 - 8 feet across. In the Y of the tree.


Oh and we saw lots of deer. Yes deer. There's an island (Speiden Island) that is home to 4 different kinds of deer for around the world. Long story short....2 dudes in the '60s wanted to make the 2 mile long, 1/2 mile wide island a wild game hunt for rich old guys who don't want to do any real work when it comes to hunting. They imported 4 types of deer to Speiden. The project didn't work and the guys couldn't get all the deer off the island. So they're all still there living in peace with no natural enemies on an island owned (now) by the guy the founded the Oakley Sunglasses company.


As we made our way into Canadian water's we passed the most northwestern tip of the USA. Stewart Island's Turn Point Light House. Whales can often be seen here. Sadly not by us, though.


We also saw some Jelly Fish. The biggest one's I've ever seen. The biggest one I saw was about 2 feet across. Moon Jelly fish I think they were called.

We saw a few Doll's Porpoises. I wasn't quick enough to catch a picture. But I did catch a nice sunburn all over my face & chest. It was nice and cool out there so I forgot all about the sun cooking me from the sky and reflecting off the water. I look like a lobster.

Anyway not a whole lot else to talk about....Oh wait there is one more thing. I'm Pregnant!! At least that's what the little pink plus sign said! Twice! I haven't been to the doctor yet but I will go (hopefully) some time this week.

It didn't take near as long as I was expecting it to. I thought it would take a few years. We haven't even really been trying that hard! I, of course, will keep you all posted.

To any of the Hallmark girls who read this, please keep it under you hat till I get there. I would like to tell as many people I can myself face to face. I know Holly & Jamie read this from time to time. I wanted to tell everyone face to face but I just can't keep it quite!! Hehe. If my own personal calculations are correct I'm due around May 5ish. Woo hoo! I think I'll call my Mom, Nappy & my dad Grand Papa (roll your tougue when you say that)! What do ya'll think?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! congradulations on the pregnancy. you and terry will be great parents! your child will have so many more opprotunities living on the west coast, it'll turn out great!

Anonymous said...

Monday, September 1, 2008
Worth it?!?
OMG! Am I out of shape. Although I am over weight I do get out and do things. I walk my dog, we go to the beach, you know physical stuff. If I have a day off, I do things I don't sit around on my ass much. I just happen to enjoy food. That being said, Terry and I went for our first official mountain hike yesterday. I thought I would die. It was only 3 1/2 miles (roughly) round trip which would normally be no big deal, but this was quite literally a steady uphill the first half. And of course down hill on the way back. That was no fun either, my knees are killing me!.................. Now you know why you were so tired last week! Trust me I know how that works. ...

Anonymous said...

OMG! Congrats Heather! I'm happy for you!
xoxo
Manda

Anonymous said...

:D I have to be the first to shameless promote my name as a great choice for the baby... :D I am so happy for you two. I am still having visions of a baby with a beard. lol
oxox

Anonymous said...

You're going to be even moodier at work now GOD! Just kidding!!!! XD I know you're going to be a GREAT mom. I can't wait til I come home for the summer and there is a little baby Heather for me to meet!!! AGH! I love babies. Also I imagine a large amount of "OMG" from Aaron, who I can tell you now is happy for you too!

Anonymous said...

You are WHAT? PREGNANT? And you didn't even call your own MOTHER!!! I am so hurt..........

Just kidding, she did call me, and Grandpapa and I are very excited to finally have a grandchild! I can't wait until the baby gets here and we see if it has T's "no nonsense" personality or H's "f&*k it, let's party" personality..... One thing I do know, it will be beautiful and loved so very, very much!!! I love you, Sweetie Petey Pie!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!! That is the only thing that comes to mind!

JLeigh2015 said...

Holy Crap!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!! You must keep us posted on everything! How does your hubby feel? Excited? Nervous? Didn't say much?? YAY!!!

JLeigh2015 said...

Oh..and you had some great pictures! I hope you can see some whales next time you go and get some good pics!!!!

MeandYou said...

Congrats to YOU! No worries, your secret's safe with me :)

Anonymous said...

Heather, that's awesome!!! Fabulous news... And, even better if you're expecint on May 5th - that's my birthday! I'm so excited for you both; can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl! Congrats! And, thanks for sharing pictures of your whale trip... very beautiful up there!

Anonymous said...

I meant EXPECTING... sorry for the typo - I was just so excited :)

stranger in a strange van said...

holy shit!!! wow! now it all makes sense doesn't it? you moved to the pacNW, bought a house and now you're pregnant! i can't wait to see you with a big pregnant belly! congratulations, and i love you all (all three) :)

Jack said...

Woa...that jellyfish is HUMONGOUS!

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/