THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 22, 2008

Uno Ass Man

So I don't remember if I got into what's been happening at work since my old boss was canned. In short we got a new manager and he's been doing great things for the studio. His boss, our district manager Michelle, who is a huge pain in the ass, wanted him to pick or hire an asst. manager. So naturally since I have no desire for the position they asked me. I respectfully turned it down.

Let me explain: Terry and I are finally at a place in our lives where we can do things we want. Go places, have kids, spend real time together and I don't want my job to interfere with that. I'm simply trying to gain experience so I can go on to have my own studio someday. Not shot to the top at the Sears Portrait Studio. I'm quite happy being a peon. No one bugs me, I don't have to deal with most problems that come up, blah blah blah. And the pay isn't that much more than I'm making now.

So anyway they hired two new girls to fill they lack of employee void. One to be a part time peon and the other to be asst. manager. Well low and behold the part time peon is awesome. Fast learner, great customer service, good with kids, the works. We love her. The A.M. on the other hand dreadful! She's bad all around. She's essentially good at nothing as far as the studio is concerned. And I'm pretty sure she had never picked up a camera in her entire life before she was hired. WTF!!?? To make matters worse. The part time peon is moving, Sara is going to collage, I'm going on vacation, and the boss may take another job. ALL in less than a month!

The boss has finally wised up to how crappy she is and has asked her to step down from the asst. position. Which she happily did. Then they came right back and asked me to take it which I agreed to (if you want something done right do it your self, right?) Well now that I've excepted the district manager is telling my boss that "The Asst. has to work Sundays and nights" of which I do neither. Seriously, you're going to pester me to take a position I don't even want and then throw in conditions? I think not! So I told my boss to tell his boss that if that's the way it's gonna be she can shove that position strait up her ass. (That is exactly what I told him! FYI)

He's yet to tell me any new news but will see. I may be the Uno Ass Man (#1 Asst. Manager) I may not be. Either way I'll be alright. Trust me!

Update: I've talked to Trae (the boss) since I posted this and he said that he doesn't care what Michelle says he's just happy I'm the A.M. I guess I'm the Asst. Manager. Okey Dokey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is one hell of a place to be put in. I know you will be good at it though.
oxox
Sheniqua

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!! I told Dad and he was so very proud of how you stood your ground. Then, of course, I had to hear an hour speech from him how things have NOT change in the business world concerning women. (Which is true.) Some (and maybe a lot) of men are going to try to keep women in their "place" (just like in the 50s) and women have to be assertive. It is sad really. Men should know by now that it is really the women who are in charge, and have been for a long time!!!! Anywho, we are both very proud of you! Now kick ass in that new job of yours!!! ILY!