THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, August 15, 2008

Epiphany

I am an artist! Everyday I sell my work to people. Everyday I have people tell me how great my photographs are. How could I not see it before? All this time I thought that I wasn't there yet. That I wasn't doing what I love only on the path to it. Practicing if you will for my future as a artist selling my photographs to people who love them. DUH! For so long (sooo lloonngg) I've felt like I would never be where I wanted. So when I finally got there it took me a little while to realize it! I am a paid photographer! People love my work! People request me!

I shot a family with an autistic little boy. Before I started the mother said as long as he's in a picture she'd be happy. "It'll be hard" she said. This was the first autistic child I had ever met and I treated him like any other child. I made him laugh and smile. He gave me five. It was great. AND I got great shots of him and his little brother together. When I was showing her the pictures she almost cried. "I've never gotten them together in a good picture before", "I can't believe how good they are", "He never touches anyone", "Look at him smile!". That was a really good day! I'm tearing up a little telling ya'll.

I have so many good stories like that. That's just my favorite.

I still want more, I want my own studio, I want to do outside family portraits and pet photography. And I still want to shot stuff for myself (and maybe sell some of them, too!)

It may not be exactly how I thought it would be but it is really good! I am a photographer! I am an artist.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We knew you were an artist all along. *wink* I'm glad you are happy doing what you are doing. One day you will have your own studio, but enjoying what you are doing right NOW is the greatest thing. Hugs and Kisses.

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! What a wonderful thing for a mother to hear!!! My daughter finally knows her worth!! I am VERY proud of you! Even if YOU didn't know it, I KNEW you were wonderful, talented, creative, and so much more! I am glad you see it in yourself!! I am sooooo happy!!!!! I love you very much! Enjoy the dance, you so deserve it!!!

MeandYou said...

Oh Heather! That's wonderful! What a touching story! I'm so happy for you. Keep up the terrific work! Miss you!

stranger in a strange van said...

best post ever. seriously, it's things like this that make a blog a home.
you are an artist! yes, i could have told you that, but it means so much to really understand it for yourself.
i love you!

Anonymous said...

I just went onto you Art site and you have added a beautiful picture - Cloudy Night! I love it! ILY