THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, January 30, 2009

My First Week

Well today was the last day of my first week as manager of the Sears Portrait Studio. It was okay. The first day was fine. the second day was a bitch! I was not feeling work that day anyway and then (on my second day) I had a customer tell me that "Trae was a terrible manager, you District Manager sucks and you seem to be following in their footsteps" And then she told me "I will take my business elsewhere!" I was thinking, thank the Gods! Go be someone else's problem. Why do pain in the ass customers think that bothers us? She did call back and said she knew it wasn't MY fault but whatever. I did everything I could to fix the problem. Rules are rules people no matter how you feel about it. And I ain't losin' my job for you!

Anyway the rest of the week went much smoother and I found I kind of enjoy the extra work. This past week was the longest I've worked since we moved here, I think. 39 hours.

However there does seem to be a hitch in my giddy-up. Michelle (DM) called me today and told me I had to take some kind of assessment test to see if I'm right for the job. I think ALL manager "hopefuls" have to take the test. I feel that Michelle really wants me to keep the job. She didn't seem real enthused to make me take the test. So I may not stay the manager for long. Either way. We'll see.

I'm beat. Nighty night.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your week ended on a good note. No matter how the cards fall, we are proud of you! We love you!

Anonymous said...

PS: What is that map and what does it do?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had the bad day early in the week. Things like that show you how it can get, but you had time to get back into it being good. Ending a week on a bad note is worse than starting one that way in my book, cuz then you have all weekend to think about the bad stuff.
As far as the assessment goes, try googleing that sort of thing to find out what you should expect.
I am happy you are giving it a shot girl!

Anonymous said...

don't worry we can just kidnap the next manager (if there is one) and they'll have no choice but to put you back on. :P

Jack said...

Good luck with everything. Let's see where this position takes you. I'm all for kidnapping as well.

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/