THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Friday, April 24, 2009

A part of my history....gone.

Although I only worked there for about 4 years the place hold a lifetime of memories for me and most of the people that mean the most to me. The place where I met the man I married, my best friend Steph, my Melissa, Brenda & Lydia. I spent countless, endless nights sitting at H3 smoking cigarette after cigarette waiting for Steph or Terry to get off work. Some of the best people I have ever met I met there. Perkins Family Restaurant & Bakery in Dubois PA has burned to the ground. And although I know that Doug (the owner) will have a new one built by summer time the fact that it's gone makes me sadder than I expected. I really did love that place and I made it a point to go there as many times as I could every time we went home. Some of the people that worked there have worked there 10, 15, 20 years. I can't stop thinking about them. Lisa, Joe, Debbie, Melis. Lisa & Joe are married and they both worked there! What are they going to do while the new store is being built. I like to think that it could be a nice vacation for them, but who the hell can afford not to work right now?

I can believe its gone.

2 comments:

Mom said...

What happened? Call your mother, please!

Anonymous said...

Wow. It sounds like that song. I want to say by Nickle Back: Photograph
I am sorry to hear that sweetie. I am sure at first the new building will feel like an impostor, but you will eventually learn to love it too. Hugs