THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, March 15, 2009

It's been a while.....

......and sadly I still don't have a whole lot to talk about. Last night Terry and I went to another Everett Silvertips hockey game (they lost). It was a surprise for my birthday. I love surprises & hockey! Our seats were right behind the benches and the damn other team stood the whole game so I really didn't get to see much. It was still a good time.

I've become cautiously comfortable in my management position. The Manager Trainer, Terra, was in my studio for 2 weeks and I think I've got it. I'm sure things will come up of course but I think I'll be okay.

On the shitty news front I have been diagnosed with diabetes. Ironically we always assumed Terry would get it. Both his sister & Dad had it. But NOOooOOoo! It's been about 2 weeks since I found out and I'm finally okay with it. Turns out that's why my eyes are being so weird! I've changed my eating and Terry and I walk outside for at least an hour everyday that the weather is good and we walk at the mall when the weather sucks. At this point I'm not on any meds and I'm controlling it with diet & exercise. I fully intend to make good of a shitty situation. Everything happens for a reason.

Our 10 year anniversary is coming in June and 10 years is a milestone in my book. We want to do something big. We're thinking Hawaii, the big island. We have a friend there that we don't get to see often and plus we never had a proper honeymoon. So if you want to donate to the "Terry & Heather's 10 year Anniversary" fund let me know! ;-)

4 comments:

JLeigh2015 said...

Sorry to hear that you have diabetes..but it's good that you are treating it with diet and exercise. You should definitely do something big on your 10 year anniversary!!! Congrats! Jeramy and I are going to do something big every 5 years...so on our 5th..our 10th..and so on. I think for our 5th I want to go on a cruise to the Caribbean. You should totally go to Hawaii! I bet you're a great manager so keep up the good work (you could probably walk circles around a certain manager that I am thinking of..lol) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hey Feather,
I am sorry to hear about you having Diabetes. In VA I spent a lot of time with people who had it and I have to tell you to check you feet every single day. You can loose feeling without even noticing and eventually that could be very bad. I do not know much else about Diabetes as a whole though. I am glad yours is manageable with out meds. I am also very glad you are liking your new position. I have noticed you have been less active online, but I kinda have too. My trip to visit you this summer has hit some snags, mainly Stephen's trip being canceled and my taking a class, but I hope to figure something out eventually.
Love and miss you,
Nikkachu

MeandYou said...

I agree! 10 years is a milestone. I can't wait for that. Congratulations! I'm sorry you had to get such crappy news about your health. I'm always thinking about you and I'm happy to know that you're trying to better yourself and want to take care of yourself with the diet and everything. Take Care and I Miss you!

stranger in a strange van said...

oh yay! i'm happy to hear your still thinking of visiting me here in paradise! i'm sorry about the diagnosis, though it sounds like you caught it early enough to get on a good self-treatment plan. i love you guys, and can't wait to be your tourguide!!